With so much going on in the worlds at the moment, The Fear seems far less scary than usual.
Eager children of all species seem to have started challenges around new, more fearsome beasts, the difference is that these challenges now involve trying to reach some locations that may or may no exist, for treasure that also might be just that, ghost stories. This event will be live until November 1st, and Candy will once again be tradable after the event ends.
Both are normal Starters and can be used for breedings this month as well.
This introduces Homelands for our first Starters in game! In future events all Starters will have Homelands that when drawn with your characters in those locations will provide extra rewards.
For this event, players will need to draw their characters in the ‘monster’ of your choices homeland, but using a character from the same Homeland in your submission will get a boost to success rates.
- Bhargist is said to live in the abandoned towns in the high mountains of Kotakaii, hunting anyone that stumbles on an old graveyard said to hold the resting place of an explorer famed for documenting far off lands. Maybe their crypt holds records of these secret places?
- Ogro Poga travels the coasts of Voltlund, attacking boats big and small, and chasing down and possibly even eating those that try to reach a small island said to hold a cash of pirate treasure, hailing from far off lands.
First, after some delaying around we have our winners for the Location design contest. Since we didn't have many players enter, instead of a raffle, everyone that's Locations got picked will get to make their own choice between the following items: One Random 'Unadded' Location from both Admin created design, and contest entries. One White Azoth, no lineage. Or 30TP. If your Location is listed below, please send a Claim with what reward you want to pick,
To keep things more fun, only the names of the winning entries are listed below, most remained exactly as submitted, or has slight pass rate edits on the final.
So, some unusual locations that have been scouted and ready for someone to full discover in game are:
- Whispering Hollows
- Bubbling Mire
- The Lost Soul
- Simple Well
- Tangled Thicket
Next, it's Painted Bloom Season, all players have access to one extra breeding chance this month, and the Painted Bloom event prompt is now active again, providing a breeding based item box.
And, very soon the next step of the Balikin Story Event will be dropping, this one will be much faster and will help direct the story toward the next Regional Location to explore. Stay tuned!
Not much of a hunter, lacking in gathering prowess? Try your hand at rooting out some new Locations that need extra study!
This design contest lets players come up with some new and interesting Locations to be added to the game, and win some prizes along the way. This event will run until July 22nd, with Raffle rolling a few days after entries are all cleared.
Players may enter up to 6 unique Location ideas, all of which may end up in the game. Locations that are picked to be added will credit the creator as the original Discoverer, and receive tickets to Raffles for prizes.
What makes a good Location Submission?
- An interesting place out of the ordinary, a fancy rock that sings, a pool of frozen water in a hot climate, play with the magical or impossible, or add some unusually man made objects out of place. Since players are allowed to design what these places look like, make is something that give some room for creative variation.
- Easy to roll rewards, that offer fair prizes work best for permanent options. Things like 50/50 odds for simple rewards, or 10% for a more rare reward are great places to start. Rewards can be Kouneen/TP, set items, or loot tables. Swapping set items for other items are also a good idea for both permanate or Limited rewards.
- Limited rewards can also offer more diverse and rare prizes, change or add a mutation, add a new status or skill.
What is required or disallowed?
- All location can be placed in a set Region or left open to staff to pick when it's given out.
- All locations need to have both a Limited and Permanent reward option, and may only have up to 3 options total.
- Location may not reward Lore.
- Location may not add Holiday Mutations or reward Genos or Imports on success.
When submissing your ideas, use the following form:
- Name of Location
- Region (Optional if you want to leave it open to staff to pick)
- Short description of the location
- Rewards this Location gives
Any player that entries even a single Location idea, will receive a raffle ticket to the event.
For each Location that gets approved to add to the game, a player will receive another ticket to the raffle. Players that have unclaimed Locations currently in queue will also receive an extra ticket to the raffle.
Prizes will include some of the winning Locations, character creation items, and TP. Final prizes will be announced depending on how many entries we end up with, to allow more chances per person to win something neat.
Did you like the joke were we didn't roll on the First? (Sorry, enjoy a laugh at least!)
With that we've wrapped up the swapathon, and it's time to see what was thrown into the mix by our generous Starter characters.
@CAVIO received a MYO Oraborhys (any element) that Stork found while out delivering mail.
@OctoberGeist A pair of Baya's Tinctures with a nice bow from @CAVIO
@Sarracenia Gets a Prismatic Azoth with Tidas' name written on it.
@Zincwolf MYO Klingka (any element) from Jetti who isn't ready to care for a pet.
For our Raffle Winners:
Sarracenia @ Rooklings both receive Baya's Tincture + Hayyan's Blessing + a pair of either general Breeding Vouchers, or Festive Vouchers.
@CAVIO Can add Scorched to one of the genos you bred during March.
What's up next for the world of Azorna? We have two upcoming events lined up for the next few months.
First, later in April we'll be hosting a Design a Location contest to help fill out more regions and help get these out to more players. Along with that, it looks like Blessie and Art will be donating their unique marks to the other species finally, and two new Festive Starters will be added to extend this markings into the game gene pool finally.
Next May will roll in a small event to introduce an item to swap Monthly Holidays between the two options, allowing players to adjust older genos and Imports bred before both were available. This will include some prompts
/ End of No joke Zone.
After the gift giving and soft moments between friends, family and partners has started to fade, Cupid ever the match maker and builder of connections wanted to keep things going with a little give away from everyone to get in on, including some of the site’s other Starters will be donating some very interesting items with some bonuses.
Players may donate up to 3 times to the event, and can donate either Items, which may be stacked up to x10 (I.e a stack of 10 Iron Ore), or Genos.
- Submit a single claim with all three donations listed out, and attach any items being donated to the Claim.
- For Genos, after approval of your Claim, then transfer the Geno to the Lorekeeper admin account.
Even will be open to donations until March 18th. After that staff will count donations to see what extras will be added, so makes sure to give some more rare and hard to get items, to help boost the gift pool for everyone! Around March 20th, randomized swaps will be sent out, and everyone can enjoy their new prizes.
For those that didn't get enough from the last sale, there still room for more goodies with the end of year Candy Shop. This post will be open until Jan 1st, giving everyone time to trade Candy and get orders in.
To turn in Candy, submit a Claim with the needed amount and either attach the items you want or, for non-item based treats, just list want you want and it will be approved by staff.
Up for offer this year are the following:
- Common Item Roll
- 500 Kouneen
- Choice of one Common gathering Item
- Random Food Plate Item
- Rare Item Roll
- 2 TP
- Blue Azoth
Days have passed, and a few members of the Survey team return from their tip higher into the mountains, along with the newly discovered Balikin, Hinsira who seems a little surprised to see some familiar faces from his own species among the strangers that stumbled into the local nesting grounds.
After a hearty meal and some discussion, Sootrot lays bare the reason for the visit to this distant land. Him and his companions need to check the status of the land's Guardian, as they fear changes in their own homeland might spread beyond there if not studied and controlled. Hinsira gives a sullen nod, telling the group to gather Glass Stones before asking Moorlani to open the path to their Guardian in the volcano, it's part of the needed ritual, but shouldn't take long. The Bailin directs the group to check the beaches of the Frozen Sea, Glass Stones are everywhere, if everyone leans a paw or wing they should have enough to open the pathway in no time.
The Final Step of the Stygian Waste is now open, gather up the needed Glass Stones to help start the ritual to meet this mysterious Guardian by using the Prompt here, there are once again two options to help out.
This step is using the site's Event Currency to finish, once full the story will advance, the Stygian Waste will open up as a general Gathering Region, and character may pick it as their Homeland.
First off the raffle for Tokens have been rolled. Congradulations to:
Next up, say hello to one of two new June Holiday Mutations.
Somethings to look forward to in the future, over June the new Traits will start to be added to the game, and Arcane Zoo will take it's usual July break to let everyone enjoy Art Fight. In August we'll also have a new Holiday Mutation.
Let's welcome the newly discovered Traits that will be documented and added to the game shortly:
- Kirunhound Uncommon Tail Type - Carp | Designed by rooklinqs
- Kirunhound Legendary Scale Location - Echoed | Designed by @OctoberGeist
- Kirunhound Rare Scale Location - Plated | Designed by FinalShockdown
- Popokee Common Head Type - Strange Bill | Designed by @Twewme
- Popokee Rare Head Type - Sea Bird | Designed by Asterleaf
- Balikin Uncommon Head Type - Relic | Designed by Asterleaf
- Balikin Legendary Wing Type - Phoenix | Designed by OctoberGeist
Winner will be receiving items shortly
Touched Charm items will be sent to each winner as their Trait becomes active in game. These new Traits will be slowly rolled out over June.
Non winning Traits may still be added from here, and will be contacted if picked as later additions.
After some sorting and filtering, we have the final enteries to the Design a Tait contest, and we're ready for votes!
Players may vote once, and winners will be announced in one week, ending on May11th. Winning designs will be added to the game as July starts.
Next up, say hello to our newest Festive Starter Namva, The Ghost of the Storm. She carries a new Family Line marking called Thunderclap, which is now available in game.
And finally, our next Character Creation Item Sale will start on May 12th, and run until May 20th.