With 2021 coming to a close, it's time to look to a newer, brighter year ahead both offline and in the game here!
We have a few things wrapping up and things to come, so let's take a look.
First 'The Giving' has closed and points have been tallied, you can see your totals here, and a new Raffle has been set using those.
- Everyone that received a +1 on their total, currently has 3 tickets to the Raffle.
- A list of unique Prizes will be shown tomorrow along with the Sale post.
- This is a unique raffle, if you ended with a +1 total, and win any prize, you will also have the option to pick an ungifted item from your Wishlist from the Giving.
- Everyone will once again have the option to enter one Ticket for free during the sale.
- The Raffle will roll following the sale opening on the 11th.
Next, we have a new starter coming in a little late to the party, but he still wants to have a good time. Lang Syne also brings the Festive Marking to the Kirunhound starters.
Tomorrow starts our character creation item sale, Gift Box giveaways will be active where for any one bought you may gift a second to another player.
And finally a few things to look forward to in the very near future:
- 'Design a Trait' contest.
- Next step of the Balikin event will be moved forward.
- 2 new Holiday Mutations.
Cheers to all!
With many holiday sliding in as the last months of the year Arcane Zoo will be taking a small wind down period as we head into 2022.
This break time allows players to enjoy time off, catch up on non event art and writing, and give staff some time to regroup and rest.This break also give Skulldog some extra time to catch up on site art for items, as well as future Monthly Mutations and new Markings.
A few small things will happen during this time, the first is an event to celebrate sharing and gift giving.
Using this thread in the forums players can now start creating a 'Wishlist',and offer up some things they've been eyeing in game. Players may ask for 3 different things on these and are encouraged to help fill other players wishes if you happen to have what they're looking for. These can contain the following requests:
- Items you want in game but currently don't have
- Genos with certain traits you're looking for
- Art and Writing request for characters in game
- Designs for Genos or Citizens you own
The Giving will last until January 1st, and once done, staff will tally who gave and who got gifts from their list and using that hold one final Raffle for the year.
Breeding Permissions have undergone a huge change
This chance is to allow players to sell and trade their character's slots without having to send Claims into staff for approval, instead as you level up a character now, they will be given Permissions as a form of currency that you can give out to other players and include usage rules on the slot itself. This also allows for in game items that allow players to add extra Permissions to characters that have maxed out their limits.
One thing to be aware of with this change, permissions are now tied to a single player and may not be used by other players for a breeding, with the exception of splits when allowed.
Characters that have used breedings under the old tracked system have been updated, and any character leveling up from here will be given these Permission Items in their Character Bank to use.
After a long and spooky month, things seem to go quiet again, although citizen beware, The Fear is now tired of hiding and joins the NPCs of the game for future events. Player may now use her in breedings with a Festive Breeding Voucher.
Now for all that Candy, players may submit Claims , attaching any Candy they wish to spend on the items below:
- White Azoth - 30 Candy
- Fractured Azoth - 5 Candy
- Gift Package - 5 Candy
- Festive Breeding Voucher - 2 Candy
- Random Rare Item - 1 Candy
- 1 TP - 2 Candy
- Painted Pollen - 1 Candy
- Oddbark Brew - 2 Candy
And some winners for the Raffle:
- MYO Changling Token - OctoberGeist
- x2 Festive Breeding Vouchers + Hayyan's Blessing - MostlyMoose
- White Azoth - Hoata
- MYO Yens Familair Token (Random element will be picked) - rooklinqs
- MYO Klingka Familair Token (Random element will be picked) - Twewme
And some extra Candy for 3 runner ups!
With winter rolling in, Arcane Zoo will go into a slower mode for the rest of the year, giving players time to enjoy their holiday with friends and family, and staff here to take some time off. (And I want to catch up some new site art!)
We will be running one event that will start in a few weeks and run until January 1st. So get thinking about some wishlists, and gather up some gifts to give out, details will be incoming soon.
And let's give a big congratulations for our winners!
- x2 Festive Breeding Vouchers, Hayyan's Blessing + Baya's Tincture - Hoata
- Fractured Azoth + Random Crasis - Twewme
- 50 TP - rooklinqs
- A Holiday Mutation to be added to a Geno bred during September. (Player may pick which to add this to.) - OctoberGeist (USED)
Items are being sent out shortly.
September Closures -
Skulldog here! Over the whole of September I will be out of the country and will be limited in my access to the internet for a lot of that time. Due to this some in game activities will be closed over the month. Here's what to keep in mind:
- All character approvals will be on hold, including art updates to Imports. This covers MYOs starters and Genos.
- Location and Familiar rolls will be handled when I return on the 28th.
- All other game activities will handled by the wonderful staff, however anything that might need my input may be delayed until I can take a look.
Once back, there some fun mini events planned for fall time adventures, and some new Holiday Mutations to come.
After a month away, I have returned and with that we move into the best month of the year, and a small Halloween themed event in game.
Dare You Go Out?:
A new Prompt is now active for all of October, and can be found here.
There is no limit to submissions this round and each approved submission will receive between 1 to 10 Candy items.
Following the end of the event November 1st:
- 'The Fear' will be added as a breedable NPC.
- All Candy collected can be turned in for Prizes.
- Prizes include premade Familiars with art by Skulldog , breeding items, Azoths, plus a few more things.
Monthly Sale and Raffle:
Starting October 16th a month character creation sale will go up, and a raffle will be held. This month's special prize will be a MYO Changeling Token.
Every August a special botanical event erupts across Azorna, the blooming of the Painted Poppy. For one month these endless colored flowers spring up across all regions and even the snowiest tundra sees small patches. The joyful touch of color is seen as a sign of the height of the summer seasons and treated to it's own holiday in various areas. During this time the newly born young seem to have a little extra color to their coats or unique changes to their forms, sometimes atributated directly to the local flower bloom.
During this month players can submit 1 additional breeding for themselves for a total of 4. This will revert back to 3 total on August 30th
This month embraces all forms of love, both romantic and platonic, Painted Poppies are gathered and shared between family, friends and mates, across all speices and races of the lands. This act strenghtens bonds between teams at work, down to parents and children. Those that share deeper romantic relationships will take a trip to enjoy the wild flower fields directly.
Starting on August 13th a monthly Character Creation Sale will also happen. Players will get access to additional Painted Bloom Boxes this time, and we'll be hosting another Geno drop off for raffle.
As June begins to roll in it's time for our once year special item sale that helps cover the game hosting bill for another year, and with that a few special things always come up for sale.
On June 12th the event will kick off and close up on June 21st.
Once it opens players will have access to two special Raffles, and a special item bundle this year. Both Raffles will house some special characters I've dubbed 'The Great Explores', and include two fully designed Alters and two unique Genos. Further details on these four will be coming soon and introduce one of the upcoming July Monthly Mutations early!
Raffle One is an item swap style event, where players can enter by providing items to be added to the prize pool.
- The Prize pool will include two of the special characters along with a few rare items provided by staff, so everyone entering has an equal chance at winning something cool.
- Players may enter this raffle two times each, all items are welcome, but some more valuable items such as Azoths will be given extra tickets when entered.
Raffle Two will be done via the Item Sale, both by purchases of Tribute Points and by buying additional entries.
- The Prize pool will include two of the special characters along with high end Azoths, and other boosts.
- You can grab as many entries as you want, more prizes will be added to grow along with entries.
- All purchase of Tribute Points $10 will receive an extra Ticket, $25 will receive two extra Tickets and $50 will receive five extra Tickets.
- Tickets will cost 4TP from the Sale Shop during the event for anyone to buy.
On the on going Quest line:
Some new things have happened around the site, first we have a new Location open for the 'Exploring the Stygian Wastes' story line, leaving the group only one more spot to open up from here in their journey across the new area. Once this completes, players may set a character's Homeland to the Stygian Wastes and the location will open up to normal Resource Gathering.
And for those wanting to hatch a Balikin Egg, the Prompt to do so is open.
Upcoming Sales and New Holiday Starters:
As the Feasts of Fire winds down, a new month is rolling in soon, and with it we have a pair of new Holiday Starters. While their Traits will be secret until the Sale goes lives, for now enjoy their colorful glory: https://www.arcanezoo.com/character/NPC-00203 and https://www.arcanezoo.com/character/NPC-00204
What makes these Starters special? Both have a new Legendary Marking. These Markings have two levels of use, the basic one can be used by any character in game with the mark, and a Family Line version. This version can be used when either Starter is in the character's Lineage.
April brings us a new site sale, and this round will offer Holiday Breeding Tickets for the new Starters and Skills. This sale will start on April 1st and run until April 9th. This sale will also be a test for a 'Geno turn in' bonus. When the events goes like a series of randomized Traits+Markings will be posted. Any player with an unwanted Geno that has these combos can be turned in for additional Tickets to the raffle, or item prizes.
Winners of the Raffle:
Let's here it for the winners of the April 2021 raffle!
- Hoata gets x2 Festive Breeding Vouchers, Hayyan's Blessing + Baya's Tincture
- TastelessWhiskey gets Fractured Azoth + Random Crasis
- rooklinqs gets 50 TP
- Pure09 gets Gold Azoth MYO
And what's on the Horizon:
May will bring in two things of note, an Item Swap event, which was much requested back on the old site, and our first set of Holiday Mutations. Get your breedings planned, as these Mutations will only drop during May, and can't be altered or changed to by other means once it's over.
Happy Fests of Fire, get ready to chomp down on some tasty treats this month and chase off the last of the cold weather with spicy food!
A limited time prompt will go up shortly that will reward a Red Spice Tea item, players will be allowed to claim this one once.
Up next, the February Raffle has been rolled out winners are:
- MYO Yens | Basic Element picked by owner - cosmonstars
- MYO Yens | Dual Element, both picked by owner - rooklinqs
- MYO Oraborhys | Random Element - GrimmRaven
- MYO Yens or Oraborhys | Basic Element picked by owner and official art by Skulldog - OctoberGeist (Drop me an email with what you want drawn at Skulldog@gmail.com!)
Reward MYO slots will be generated shortly and you should be able to start creating your new Familiars right away.
Our next site Sale and Raffle with happen in April, and introduce two new Holiday Starters, each with a new Legendary Marking that has some unique changes.
Kicking off a wonderful 'Month One' on the new site, and all activities are starting to get back to normal, a few more small things to be tied up, but streamlining the process has been put into place!
First off, while the majority of things from the original site have moved completely to item based ownership, a few unique things are still hanging in permission link form. If you want to check what you might still have access to, you can check out the 'Staff Records' Page here.
To use anything that carried over, just submit a Claim linking the comment with your item, and list which you want to use and Staff will get you sorted.
Next, we've already hit some advancements on the current Balikin Adventure in the Stygian Waste:
Both prompts have hit the first story mark, and from here the first prompt to hit the next one will change which story path we continue down, as well as the next set of locations. So keep those Prompts coming! You can always follow updates to the story here: https://www.arcanezoo.com/world/events/3
cheetahtrout was able to clear a safe pathway to help speed up the convoy on it's way, while rooklinqs caught a glimpse of a Balikin keeping an eye on the group's progress as a storm starts to roll in.
And for upcoming events:
February is a special month here, and in honor of my birth month, there's going to be a special Sale and Raffle Combo! The focus of items raffled and for sale will be Familiars; MYO Yens and Oraborhys will be offered. A special limited time Prompt will open up for this, allowing players to draw or write to get some extra Raffle Tickets.