Caring for the Eggs
Creative submissions for hatching a Balikin Egg
- All eggs react and grow based on where and how players care for them, these steps will adjust and create a new baby Balikin geno with physical traits that reflect the work done to raise them in different situations. Other traits like Coat colors may be picked from common and uncommon options, and markings can be picked from from the same rarity range as other Starters, however SOME eggs will come with additional markings.
- EACH step of raising a Balkin egg has a random chance to advance a trait higher in rarity or adding additional marking or a mutation, this is rolled when submitted.
- Skipping a step will also effect your new child’s traits in unique ways, so experiment and see what you get!
- Players will need to complete at MINIMUM ONE prompt from the list below to be able to hatch their egg, but can submit all FIVE if they choose.
- Prompts to not need to be done in order but need to be submitted one at a time using this Prompt, your first submission will create the Balikin Egg item in game.
When submitting Egg Prompts:
- More than one character be used to draw or write these prompt, and players may switch characters between each step.
- Each must be a personal piece of creative work, no collabs or commissions for this event.
- Artwork must be in color, with a backdrop.
- Writing must be 800 words.
The Prompt List:
Step One – Location based
A new child wants to take in it’s new parent’s homeland, they might not get in any visual details, but will get to experience something more on a deeper level. Draw or write about your character taking their new egg to their favorite place in their homeland (This prompt is character homeland locked. The Homeland of the character drawn with the egg for this step will adjust the outcome).
Step Two –
Eggshells are actually very thin and sound is how most Balikin learn of the world. Please take your Balikin egg to the most noisy place you can think of, maybe it’s a rushing river in near Voltlund, or the native birds in the Atlosian jungle edge. Draw or Write about your character taking their new egg to a place with local sounds.
Step Three –
Is it ready to hatch? Getting to move a little will help shape this egg for it’s life outside the shell. This egg is rocking and rolling and it has to hatch soon..maybe letting it stretch it’s legs in a metaphorical sense will help! Draw or write about your character taking this egg out to move around, the location will help shape the kid inside right?
Step four –
All that moving seems to have tired your egg out, time to take a small rest after a long, exciting day. Draw or write about your character creating a comfortable place to rest the egg.
Step Five – Element based
Looks like your egg is ready to hatch, time for the last step, let your new Balikin experience the worlds various elements, as magical creatures, aether is important to their growth and getting to test their skills. Draw or write about your character sharing a familiar element in the environment with their egg, a cool stream, or a thunder storm, there’s so much around us!
when submitting please include:
- Link your Egg if you already have one from ealier submissions.
- Prompt Number being used.
Explore the Stygian Waste
The first stop on the Balikin's locations of interest.
The Stygian Wastes are a new Azorna region, and creative works during the event will act just like standard Gathering prompts done in that region. This story point allows players to explore each of the Three Locations Holios left on the map, each has its own creative work prompt requirements, and the more you finish in the story the more rewards you can get.
Characters drawn or written about will have their Trained status used for these and additional items that boost gathering will be usable here.
These are unexplored zones, and as such there’s a 10% chance on each submission a character featured may earn a minor wound while checking out the new region. So get your healing kits ready, you’ll need them. There’s also a 15% chance of receiving a story advancement, rare item, or Balikin encounter.
All players will start at Location One, and once opened up, can continue to Location Two and onward. Players that complete all Three locations will receive a unique reward after the Balikin troupe finishes it’s goals in the Wastes and the story advances.
Location One: The Stone Pass
The first place the team needs to move through and spend some time is the narrow pass surrounded by frozen water, a tiny space that has been missed by most of the inhabitants of the Voltlund Coast due to it’s size and unnatural shaping. The environment here is dark and rocky, with patches of lichen, but not much else. Toward, but delicate sharp rocks loom in the distance.
Sotroot reminds the team that the dangerous wildlife they might see in this snowy pass are: Woolly Mammoth, Musk Ox, Polar Bears, and Aurochs. If food is needed, the animals available are Lemmings, Geese, and Salmon.
Not everyone on the trip is here due to their strength, some joined to lend their less physically active skills. Draw or Write about your character helping in other ways, this can be helping chart the maps, mending injuries or perhaps cooking a nice meal.
With the rough ground and lack of cover, a lot of the physically fit travelers will need to stand guard and keep away nighttime threats while others sleep. Draw or Write about your character helping scout, track, or protect the camp and travelers against wayward wildlife at night.
Location Two: The Furnace baths
After a few long days of travel, and the work of many eager adventures, a safe and functional pathway has been found to the next place on the map. A small canyon flanked by tall jutting stones, just in view of the the black rock mountain, now clearly much more than that, it's actually a dominate volcano. Small pools of sulfur and volcanic vents heat pits and pools all over the landscape, a welcoming rest before you head out to the final location.
You earned this break, it's been a rough trip so far! Draw or Write about your character taking a relaxing moment in the hot springs, maybe they play around, or take a short solem moment to reflect on the trip so far.
The work isn't done, let everyone else relax there's other places here to explore Draw or Write about your character exploring the black stone caves around the mountain, avoid the steam and toxic pools, and see if you can find any additional clues to the Balikin home here.
When submitting Prompts:
- Drawn art must be in color and feature the local landscape.
- Written work must be 800 words and also feature the local landscape as part of the written details.
- Solo work may feature only TWO characters for this event.
- Players may collaborate on creative works and include FOUR characters, TWO for each player in the collab.
- Players that collab for these will receive a collective bonus roll for advancement in the story.
when submitting please include:
- The Location Number and Prompt Number (Sample: Location 1/Prompt 2)
- Attach all characters featured.
- Any items being used during a gathering, attached as an add on. Items that require player input use the comment area to list your choices.
Feathering the Nests
The final step in hatching your Balikin egg.
Players must complete at least one prompt submission from 'Caring for the Eggs' before using this Prompt.
There’s one last thing Balikin nests need before we can set these eggs to hatch..a gem. And each baby will need their own special gem.
Draw or write about your character picking the perfect gem to rest the egg on. Any Region may be used.
This is a bonus prompt players may complete when submitting their egg for hatching. Players that complete this optional step will get an additional 20% chance of earning either a higher rarity for coat color, or additional marking or mutation. (It’s random which!)
- If you skip this optional prompt and wish to just hatch your egg, please link your Balikin Egg MYO in place of the submission.
When submitting Egg requests:
- Artwork must be in color or if in black and white should be clean and finished looking, and feature at least your own character in full body.
- Written works must be at least 800 words and feature at least your own character.
When submitting please include:
- Attach the Character(s) inclued in the image or story.