Unique traits and mutations don’t just make a character look special, these aspects can also be paired up to create new offspring through breeding.
Arcane Zoo wants breeding to be something that rewards players who take the time to selectively pair up their characters with similar traits, so our breeding statistics favor players who find unrelated characters that share the same physical traits, markings and mutations to boost the odds these traits will be passed to their offspring. You can check out the official stat guide for breeding here.
Permissions for breeding:
Players may buy, sell and trade breeding slots to approved characters. Before giving slot to another player, all character must have the Stauts 'Advancement - Mature', and have free slots available.
When giving slots to others, you may set some simple rules for how they can be used.
Rules may include clauses such as:
- If inbreeding allowed or not.
- Allowing the slot to be used with only a set character.
- Restrictions on reselling of slots, or if slots may be gifted, traded or otherwise transferred to another player.
Rules may NOT require:
- The player give you offspring, or make claims for certain traits should they show up in offspring, i.e: ‘Any mutated offspring are mine’.
- The slots be used by a certain timeframe.
- A player may only retract a sold slot in the case that the buyer does not complete their end of a trade or sale.
Submit a Claim with following details:
- Link the character the slots are for, the total number being granted, and @ the player name receiving them. i.e ' x5 slots to Lorekeeper '
- Your rules for use of the slots. Staff may reject Claims if rules go against the site's limits.
- After approval, the slot premission will be added to the Character's sheet and removed as each is used.
Breeding your characters:
Step One: Status
- Both characters looking to breed, must first have passed their Story Arc for breeding. Once approved, the character’s import page should have the Stauts 'Advancement - Mature'.
- Both characters must also be healthy and of viable state, this meaning not holding the ‘Infertile‘, ‘Sickly‘ or ‘Minor wounds‘ status.
Step Two: Lineage and Inbreeding
- Inbreeding can result in fewer offspring and altered statuses.
- If you’re breeding with another player’s character, their rules for allowing inbreeding or not might stop you from pairing up closely related characters when submitting a breeding request.
- If you breed your own characters together there is no ingame restriction on doing so, but be aware inbreeding has some drawbacks, such as a chance of stillborn offspring, and removal of mutations.
- Learn about lineage charts and how to compare characters to determine inbreeding here.
Step Three: Breeding Limits
- Any character involved in a breeding will need free breeding slots. Characters earn a total breeding slot pool by advancing their Titles.
- All players have access to 3 breedings total each month, this includes both breedings with their own characters and use of other players characters.
- The person who submits the shared breeding pairing will use 1 of their 3 slots for that month.
Step Four: Submit
Now you have available breeding slots on two Mature characters, aren’t going to inbreed and have permission with another player? Go ahead and post a breeding request as a Prompt.
For splitting a breeding with another player, one player must post the Prompt and note which player they are splitting with, and that player needs to submit a Claim confirming this. Once staff sees both the breeding will be rolled and outcome sent to both parties, and the MYO genos will be sent to the player that posts the Prompt.