Questions about character designs

Arcane Zoo Forums Main Hub Help Desk Questions about character designs

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ArcaneZoo Admin 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

ArcaneZoo Admin
    Keymaster
    @arcanezoo

This thread is a special place to get feedback on aspects of character design before submitting to the official approval thread.

Not sure if something you want to add to a design will pass? Unsure on changing a character’s appearance within the guidelines is correct? Anything not covered by the species guides? Here’s a great place to share your character and get Admin feedback!

Becca
    Participant
    @huskubui

I was hoping to get some feed back on my Kirinhound, Teswern, before submitting him for approval. Is wavy hair okay for tails and manes? Do the tipped and underbelly markings look okay or do they need some fixing? Should his main body color be darker, or is it fine as is?

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

All of your colors and markings are perfect, there is nothing that would need to be changed to pass approval.

Nate
    Participant
    @taelen

Do manes have to be in the coat color range or can they be different like horns?

h-hewwo?

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Manes can be any solid color, regardless of coat color. Tails will share the same color as the mane if they have long hair.

Nina
    Participant
    @twewme

Was curious if some nicks along the edges on the common/standard scale pattern is ok in the design? To give a slight battle worn look. Or would that be considered something to gain through adventures?

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Small wear and tear to horns and scales are perfectly fine!

Sredni
    Participant
    @sredni

Is there anything about this design I need to change? Thinking about making the legs longer since they kinda look stumpy right now.

Can serpent style tails be prehensile? Will the one small piercing/one small scar rule cover a nose ring and split tongue?starter sketch

eee?

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

No changes would be needed to the design, it’s passable, and really cool as it is!

The small additional rule allows for one piercing AND one scar/wound, so you may have both on approval stage.

And I don’t see why a tail can’t be prehensile!

Nina
    Participant
    @twewme

https://gyazo.com/6222b18591aaf50b39fafab1767f3fb6

Well this was fun to do. Hopefully things look alright. Don’t think I forgot anything.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your design is 99.5% ready to go, if you picked Tipped as a marking your designs colors are ready to submit! The horn is likely fine as long as the genotype trait fits into starter character set up, the damage on design is no issue, as long as the undamaged horn type trait still fits with Starter design limits.

quillicous
    Participant
    @quillicous

Still have some work to do wrt art but I wanted to ask for confirmation he was looking okay before going any further. Earth coat with Tipped/Spotted/Underside markings and standard body/tail/scale type and healer horn/point scale location.

I also want to give him a couple of small pieces of jewelry to tie off his mane and tail, like barrettes or decorative ties; is that okay to just add to a starter design, or covered under King’s Jewelry?

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your current art would pass just fine!

As for the jewellery, one small item is allowed on creation, but any additional ones will need to be added via items later.

Zincwolf
    Participant
    @zincwolf

– Standard body
    – Barrelled
    – Serpent
    – Standard horn
    – Standard placement

Yeet or neet?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Zincwolf.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Zincwolf.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Aokay here, everything looks fine!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.