Questing

This topic contains 160 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  ArcaneZoo Admin 3 days, 18 hours ago.

• Author

ArcaneZoo Admin
    Keymaster
    @arcanezoo

This is the thread to post questing entries, please reply below with the following:

Link to Character Import:
    Link to artwork included:
    Name of quest event:
    Any items being used to boost outcomes: (This can include banked items)

Please do not reply to comments by other players, as it clutters this for staff approval.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  ArcaneZoo Admin.
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by  ArcaneZoo Admin.

Asterleaf
    Participant
    @asterleaf

Stalking the Beast
    Upon hearing the rumors of Phoenix and the Eden he protects, Denali knew she had to go check it out for herself. However, fortune favors the bold. Who knew what that beast was up to? Would it lead her to the mythical grove she’d only heard about in passing whispers? Denali knew she couldn’t face Phoenix directly–she stood no chance against him. Therefore, she decided, she’d watch from afar, safe from harm.

Link to Character Import: Here
    Link to artwork included: Here
    Name of quest event: January 2018 Discovery Quest
    Any items being used to boost outcomes: N/A

Chillin’ with my jungle of succulents.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A cautious investigation has paid off, the fearsome beast makes it’s presence known quite quickly, thrashing through the brush under your watch. After some time observing, it becomes clear that Phoenix is keeping it’s patrol keenly focused on one particular area of sandy ground in a small clearing, wondering what it might be guarding so intently you decide to check it out…

Follow up prompt: It might be possible to possible to create a distraction and lead the bird away before checking the location out, or a safer bet is to wait until nightfall to explore in the cover of darkness, Phoenix has to sleep sometime.

Draw or write about your character continuing to investigate.

Along your way to the location, you also picked up the following items: Spotted Hide.

Hoata
    @hoata

Explore the land:
    Not wanting to dare a confrontation with the beast, Talu settles down to wait for sunset, when he can explore the land it guards without risk.

Character Import
    Link to artwork
    Name of quest event: Discovery quest

(Sorry if this comes off as me jumping in on your prompt, I started making this as soon as Talu was approved, it just takes me ages to finish anything…)

Huh? What was that? Yes, of course I know what I’m do-

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A cautious investigation has paid off, the fearsome beast makes it’s presence known quite quickly, thrashing through the brush under your watch. After some time observing, it becomes clear that Phoenix is keeping it’s patrol keenly focused on one particular area of sandy ground in a small clearing, wondering what it might be guarding so intently you decide to check it out…

Follow up prompt: It might be possible to possible to create a distraction and lead the bird away before checking the location out, or a safer bet is to wait until nightfall to explore in the cover of darkness, Phoenix has to sleep sometime.

Along your way to the location, you also picked up the following items: Perfect Bone, Void Plant.

Hoata
    @hoata

Wait ’til nightfall:
    With the beast asleep, Talu is free to explore the clearing it once guarded.

Character Import
    Link to artwork
    Name of quest event: Discovery quest

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Taking some time to rest yourself, you wait until the sun has made a full retreat to return to where the Phoenix was earlier patrolling, the area seems quiet and no sign of the bird is present as you brave the open area.

Upon inspecting the spot closer, it seems someone a little earlier has already dug up a large area of the ground, not dwelling on what treasure might have been hiding in the earth, you search for any left overs to return to town with…

You uncover the following tidbits:

x1 Red Meat

x1 Tea Leaves

x1 Striped feathers

For your efforts the village also gives you a payment of 500 Kouneen for the information you helped uncover.

Hoata
    @hoata

“And you’re sure there’s fish here? I haven’t seen a single one so far”
    “Of course!… I think.”
    “You think!!?”

“Well, a river’s a river, y’know… what are yo-”
    *sound of splashing water*

Character Imports: Hasar, Talu
    Image Link
    Name of quest event: Basic quest

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Double checking for the guild, are you catching fish or protecting them..the art entry is perfect, just wanted to  double check paths for reward rolls…

-Staff

Hoata
        @hoata

Sorry, forgot to add that part. Catching fish.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! The Guild has provided some Kouneen reward as well as an Orange Dye.

NeoGeen
    Participant
    @neogeen

There it was at the waters surface: A flash of crimson and gold. The river merging the veldt and the wetlands hid such secrets. Lasma held their breath, vowing silently to keep this living treasure from harm.

Link to Character Import: Lasma
    Link to artwork included: Link
    Name of quest event: Basic Quest, Current Quest “Save the local fish”
    Any items being used to boost outcomes: None

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! After guarding the local wildlife a few choice items were discovered, you take home a Gold Idol and Firebird Spice.

CHR★MA
    Participant
    @chroma

Kirunhounds underwater - a photo calendar
    RED AND GOLD? Aegir had never seen a fish that looked quite like this one, clearly the alchemists would want this rare bright friend most of all! He immediately leapt into the water without even looking around further.

Link to Character Import: Aegir (with a small cameo of @Neogeen’s Lasma)
    Link to artwork included:Link
    Name of quest event: Delivery Of Fish
    Any items being used to boost outcomes: none

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! The Guild has provided some Kouneen reward as well as a Yellow Dye.

NeoGeen
    Participant
    @neogeen

“Those are Atlosian pirahna.” Lasma lectured, “You’ll find them larger, toothier, and more voracious for reasons I am still researching.”

They sat to document the outcome.

Link to Character Import: Lasma (With @chroma Aegir)
    Name of quest event: Basic Quest, Current Quest “Save the local fish”

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! After guarding the local wildlife a few choice items were discovered, you take home a Firebird Feather, and Snakeskin.

Hoata
    @hoata

<i>Talu learnt the hard way that fishing whilst soaked to the bone wasn’t pleasant, even in early springtime.</i>

Character Imports: HasarTalu
    Image Link
    Name of quest event: Basic quest: Magic Fish Fight- Deliver a Fish
    (Roll for second character)

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! The Guild has provided some Kouneen reward, sadly the test was unsuccessful, but the guild thank you for your hard work.

Hoata
    @hoata

Burdened with supplies and excited by this discovery, the trio set off deep into the Atlosian wilds, aiming to construct makeshift fencing to protect the footprint from intruders.

Character Import: Hasar
    Image Link
    Name of quest event: Basic quest: Mark of the Dragon (Keep the crowds away)

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! The zoological team has rewarded you 300 Kouneen.

Hoata
    @hoata

Burdened with supplies and excited by this discovery, the trio set off deep into the Atlosian wilds, aiming to construct makeshift fencing to protect the footprint from intruders.

Character Import: Talu
    Image Link
    Name of quest event: Basic quest: Mark of the Dragon (Keep the crowds away)

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! The zoological team has rewarded you 300 Kouneen.

Ross
    Participant
    @oviraptoridae

have you ever seen that photo of a giant invasive catfish? wild

The request was a perfect excuse to deal with the pesky catfish infestation Arva had on her hands. And what a perfect opportunity to get on good terms with the Alchemists’ Guild!

Now it was just a matter of catching the blasted thing.

Character Import: Arva

Image Link

Name of quest event: Delivery of Fish

Any items used to boost outcomes: N/A

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! The Guild has provided some Kouneen reward, sadly the test was unsuccessful, but the guild thank you for your hard work.

Hoata
    @hoata

Talu sets off early, by the time he arrived at the valley Phoenix guards the sun has only just risen. Hopefully his second exploration will be more successful.

Character Import: Talu
    Artwork Link
    Name of quest event: Discovery Quest- Explore the land

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Along your way to the location, you also picked up the following items: Beetle Shell

Hoata
    @hoata

Deciding that a free meal would be enough to distract Phoenix, Talu sets about finding something tasty enough to catch the bird’s attention.

Character Import: Talu
    Artwork Link
    Name of quest event: Discovery Quest- Create a distraction

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Hoata.
    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Hoata.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Wasting no time, getting that ornery bird to leave is top priority! What starts as a mid day plan, turns into a few lengthy back and forth chases, and by sundown you’ve finally given Phoenix the slip.

Back at the clearing, you find a large mound of earth that seems to radiate unusual warm. Digging into the sandy ground you uncover…

Location: https://www.arcanezoo.com/registry/character/encased-egg

Plus an extra Strange Fruit.

For your efforts the village also gives you a payment of 500 Kouneen for the information you helped uncover.

Hoata
        @hoata

(I assume I reply to choose?)

Option 1: Try to crack the egg open, curious about what’s inside.

ArcaneZoo Admin
          Keymaster
          @arcanezoo

You can hold onto ‘Owned’ Locations as long as you like, if you wanted to wait until you need the reward items.

Hoata
            @hoata

Okay, I’ll hang on to it for now then, or at least until somebody else submits for this quest.

CHR★MA
    Participant
    @chroma

Barking up the wrong tree
    OF COURSE Aegir had seen the dragon! It was very big! With a big white scaley tail! And hoov— oh. Oh. Wait.
    Back- back to looking.

Link to Character Import: Aegir with Sredni @Sredni
    Name of quest event: Mark of the Dragon – Hunt For More Clues

(I am okay with Sredni submitting this for a roll if they want!)

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! Your investigation has helped shed new light on this amazing find, along the way you pick up a few things: Colorful Feathers, Firestar Flower.

CHR★MA
    Participant
    @chroma

BREAKFAST

There had been so many birds along the Atlosian coast, the egg hunting went well! So well, in fact, Aegir got a little too eggcited- and tripped his clumsy self right into his bag full of them. Oh well, plenty more to find where those came from.

Link to Character Import: Aegir
    Name of quest event: Upscale Egg Hunt
    Any items being used to boost outcomes: (none)

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! An eggcellent haul: Eggsx2, Driftwood.

cheetahtrout
    Participant
    @cheetahtrout

They where looking for a special fish!
    Thats perfect! Squix knew any places to find neat fish! But such arose a problem….
    So many feesh, but wich one to choose?

Link to Character Import: LINK
    Link to artwork included: LINK
    Name of quest event: Delivery a fish

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! The Guild has provided some Kouneen reward as well as a Brown Dye.

Hoata
    @hoata

Kotakaii’s rocky cliffs were steep and jagged, but braving the climb and territorial gulls was worth it for some eggs – at least for Talu it was.

Character – Talu
    Upscale Egg Hunt (Basic quest)
    Image link

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! An eggcellent haul: Eggsx2, Mother of Pearl.

Hoata
    @hoata

Kotakaii’s rocky cliffs were steep and jagged, but braving the climb and territorial gulls was worth it for some eggs – at least for Talu it was.

Character – Hasar
    Upscale Egg Hunt (Basic quest)
    Image link

@winglorn here’s some eggs for ya

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

A successful quest! An eggcellent haul: Eggsx2, Earthen Clay.

CHR★MA
    Participant
    @chroma

searching among the pilings

When the rains finally started to let up, Aegir made his way down to the Old Town. He didn’t even bother with the main docks, other kirun and friends were probably all over those already. Instead he went for the REALLY old docks, ones where the encroaching foliage and warm temperatures had rotted away a lot of the wood and rope. It took all day to get there, but, lantern in his teeth, the green kirunhound waded in to search among the old pilings. His eyes and ears were peeled-
    When people said it was dead out here, they didn’t mean that literally, right? Those noises had to just be monkeys and not spirits, right?

Name of quest event: Rainday Rewards – Old Town Docks

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

The docks seem to be a dead as usual, just a lot more damp at the moment. The waters are still, a few lone clumps of seaweed drifting by, but nothing of interests really catches your eye.

Looks like the weather is going to take another turn, the rain is going to pick back up again.

Follow up prompt: You could stick it out a little longer checking the far end of the piers, or head back to town before the storm breaks.

It’s not much, but you manage to pick up the following items: Retractable Claws.

CHR★MA
        Participant
        @chroma

stickingitout
        What was a little more water when one was already soaking wet? Not wanting to leave empty-pawed, Aegir paddled out to the very end of the old pier pilings and started fishing around in the seaweed clumps. He clung to one as the sky got darker and the water got choppier.

Link to artwork included: Here
        Name of quest event: Rainday Rewards – Stick It Out

ArcaneZoo Admin
          Keymaster
          @arcanezoo

The wind picks up, and for a moment you have a little regret as the rain comes down, just as quickly you notice the remnants of an old crate pop to the surface of the rough waters. Looks like that might be all you take home before being overwhelmed by the storm.

You manage to snag a Spotted hide and Tincture of the Changeling, before heading home.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.