Pre-Opening Event

Arcane Zoo Forums Event Grounds Pre-Opening Event

This topic contains 38 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ArcaneZoo Admin 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

ArcaneZoo Admin
    Keymaster
    @arcanezoo

With the site opening up to the first wave of live testing, I wanted to put together some special events to give players some rewards for helping test out different aspects of the game.

Each of these events will run until the end of December, giving everyone time to draw, write or RP on the new site.

• Players may submit as many creative works as they wish for each event unless otherwise noted.
    • Some Event rewards are limited to the first submission.
    • All submissions have a random chance to earn extra raffle tickets, and other rare items when registered by staff.
    • Players that join the event and submit ANY artwork, stories, or role play an event will have the opportunity to receive 500 Kouneen and one random Tincture or Dye at the end of the event.

Artwork and writing should follow the site’s basic rules, and will be counted toward a character’s total SP once the site fully opens.

Welcoming in the start of a new journey should always begin with a really great party! Draw, write or RP about your character and another player’s character (or a site starter) enjoying the festivities before heading out on a great adventure. Backgrounds can feature any region.

Rewards:

• +5SP bonus to the artist’s character. (Players can receive this bonus ONCE.)
    • Both players who’s characters are featured will be given one raffle ticket.

Scoring a free treat is always a great way to start a day. Draw, write or RP your character snagging a delicious snack either by chance or other more illegal means. Backgrounds can feature any location.

Rewards:

• 50% chance of earning a random crafted food dish.
    • One raffle ticket.

Let’s add one more official marking to the Kirunhound guidelines, and you get to help design it! For this event game, players will need to do the following:

• Draw an uncolored Kirunhound that shows off the marking, similar to the current site samples.
    • Describe the marking’s range and rules. Can it be soft or hard edged and does it affect scale color, ect.
    • Describe the color range this marking can be. Black, white, or another color from the coat range?

Just remember markings should offer players some room to be unique in how it’s used, so don’t be too restrictive in yours! Winning designs will be converted to the site template, so you do not need to worry about how clean or well drawn your sample is, the idea is what will be voted on. Players may submit 3 total marking designs for this event.

Rewards:

• One raffle ticket per design submitted.
    • 50% chance of earning a random Tincture or Dye.
    • Winning design will be added to the marking list, and player will receive an item that allows them to add this marking to a future character. (Genotype or Azoth creation!)

And what are these raffle tickets, why do I want to amass these silly items?? You can see everyone’s tickets here! Once the event ends Admins will be rolling some random numbers from the list to give out some prizes…

Raffle Prizes:

• 1st Prize: (2 winners) One of the two unique Twins. These are Alters, with rare traits and unique markings! Winners will receive larger PSD, approval ready character sheet and get to pick the character’s name, sex and home land.
    • 2nd Prize: (2 winners) One Silver Azoth.
    • 3rd Prize: (3 winners) Choice of breeding slot to one of the Kirunhound Starters, and 1,000 Kouneen.

So get drawing, writing and finding role play partners! Once you have something to share, use the following form to get your rewards counted:

• Name of Event:
    • Link to Character Import:
    • Link to artwork included:
    • Any items being used to boost outcomes: (This can include banked items)

Please do not reply to comments by other players, as it clutters this for staff approval.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  ArcaneZoo Admin.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  ArcaneZoo Admin.

ArcaneZoo Admin
    Keymaster
    @arcanezoo

Arcane Zoo’s first mini event is now live!

NeoGeen
    Participant
    @neogeen

Name of Event: Design A Marking
    Link to artwork included: http://neogeen.com/arcanezoo/arcanezoo_neo_marking1.png

• Ocular
    • Adds a trailing eye-like marking to front legs or back hips. Hard edged.
    • Color: Black. White. “Inner Eye” can be other colors from the same coat color range.

Link to artwork included: http://neogeen.com/arcanezoo/arcanezoo_neo_marking2.png

• Dart
    • Adds thick stripes from eye to hip. Hard edged.
    • Optional: Various spots on the shoulders and hips.
    • Color: Black. Darker shade of coat color.

Link to artwork included: http://neogeen.com/arcanezoo/arcanezoo_neo_marking3.png

• Ribs
    • Adds simple rib and vertebrae markings to the chest and upper back. Hard edged.
    • Optional: May effect scale color.
    • Color: White. Lighter shade of coat.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your entries have been registered, and three raffle tickets have been added to the pool.

You also earned the following items, which have been added to your bank:

• Tincture of the Bold
      • Tincture of Elements
      • Black Dye

NeoGeen
    Participant
    @neogeen

“How long can he go on like this?”, Teoh thought, regret sinking in.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your entries have been registered, and one raffle ticket have been added to the pool.

Nate
    Participant
    @taelen

Link to artwork included

Veins/River:

• Adds a stripe down the back that splits off into smaller streaks on the neck and hip. Back stripe can go from the nose all the way to the tip of the tail. Hard edges.
    • Colors: Black. White. Darker shade of coat color. Lighter shade of coat color.
    • Optional: May carry over into scales.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your entries have been registered, and one raffle ticket have been added to the pool.

Asterleaf
    Participant
    @asterleaf

Art Link: C:\Users\Ralyk_000\Pictures\Arcane Zoo\Chipmunk gene.png

• Chipmunk
    • Adds light and dark stripes starting from the nose, running along the back, and ending on the tail. Hard edges.
    • Colors: Black. White. Can be lighter and darker variants of coat color. Lighter streaks can be a different color from the coat’s color scheme.
    • Optional: Can be without facial streaks. Can effect scales.

Art Link: C:\Users\Ralyk_000\Pictures\Arcane Zoo\Okapi gene.png

• Okapi
    • Adds socks and thin stripes going up the legs. Hard edges.
    • Colors: Black. White. Can be a lighter or darker variant of coat color.

Art Link: C:\Users\Ralyk_000\Pictures\Arcane Zoo\Painted gene.png

• Painted
    • Adds mottled spots and colorations along the shoulders, legs, hips, tail, and face. Soft edges.
    • Colors: Black. White. Can be lighter and darker variants of coat color.
    • Optional: Can be more or less what is shown, with some areas more prominent than others. Can effect scales.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Asterleaf.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your entries have been registered, and three raffle tickets have been added to the pool.

• Tincture of Elements
      • Tincture of the Changeling
      • Yellow Dye

Asterleaf
    Participant
    @asterleaf

After taking nearly all day to set up decorations for the celebration, Denali and Kareal finally get a moment to relax and get to know each other.

• Name of event: Let the Games Begin
    • Link to Character Import:
      • Kareal https://www.arcanezoo.com/registry/character/kareal-7/
      • Denali https://www.arcanezoo.com/registry/character/denali-22/
    • Art Link: C:\Users\Ralyk_000\Pictures\Arcane Zoo\Website opening.png
    • Any items being used to boost outcomes: N/A

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your entries have been registered, and one raffle ticket has been added to the pool.

Nina
    Participant
    @twewme

Hayhurst ran into this goofball while enjoying the festivities in his home region of Atlosian Wetlands. Baya animatedly tells him a joke and the two have a good laugh.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your entry has been registered, and one raffle ticket have been added to the pool.

Sredni
    Participant
    @sredni

Link to artwork: https://sredni-ezrah-vt.tumblr.com/post/169065876523/for-an-event-at-arcane-zoo

(not sure if that will actually work)

specter marking

Specter

• Add skull markings to the face. Adds wispy tendrils to the neck, shoulders, back, and tail.
    • Hard or soft edge.
    • Colors: White. Lighter shade from coat range.
    • Optional: May affect scale color. Tail markings may be missing.

panda marking

Panda

• Adds dark markings to the eyes, ears, and legs.
    • Hard or soft edge.
    • Colors: Black. Darker shade from coat range.
    • Optional: May affect scale color.

magpie marking

Magpie

• Adds light markings to the shoulders, stomach, and legs.
    • Hard or soft edge
    • Colors: White. Lighter shade from coat range.
    • Optional: May affect scale color. Arm markings may be missing.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

• White Dye

Sredni
        Participant
        @sredni

I think you put my tickets under twewme’s name.

ArcaneZoo Admin
          Keymaster
          @arcanezoo

Sorry about that, looks like trying to edit the sheet on my phone autofills downward.

Sredni
            Participant
            @sredni

It’s still showing two of my tickets under twewme’s name, on my end.

(I also got logged out earlier and was told the site’s no longer a secure connection? I reset my password but it took a few tries to get the email. Is there a specific place I should report stuff like that?)

Nina
    Participant
    @twewme

Name of Event: Design a marking

Art link: Gust marking

• Gusty
    • Adds swirl marks with long tails, can be anywhere on the body, any number of markings may be added and any size. Marks must be in a single line and not touching one another. Hard or soft lines
    • Colors: Black, white or any shade in the coat color range.
    • Optional: May affect scales

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your entry has been registered, and one raffle tickets have been added to the pool.

• Blue Dye

Hoata
    Keymaster
    @hoata

Name of Event: Design a marking

Link to artwork included: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GDdxQiQZE6Ei7HVzBA0iA8BpWJoh81yj

Bandit
    Adds a hard or soft edged mask over the eyes. Can be any shape or size.
    Colour- Black, white or a lighter or darker shade of coat colour

Wrasse
    Adds a single or multiple hard edged stripes extending head to tail. Lines can be continuous or broken.
    Colour- Black, white or a lighter or darker shade of coat colour
    Optional- Can affect scale colour
    Optional- If the stripes are a lighter or darker shade of coat colour, they can vary in how much lighter or darker they are. (As shown in example)

Mosaic
    Adds hard edged spots and stripes over the entire body.
    Colour- Lighter or darker shade of coat colour or another colour from the base coat colour range
    Optional- Can affect scale colour
    Optional- Lines and spots can be bordered by a lighter or darker shade of the markings.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Hoata.

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

• Purple Dye
      • Red Dye

Hoata
    Keymaster
    @hoata

Fiiiiiiiissh!!!

Name of Event: Treats
    Link to Character Import: Hasar
    Link to artwork included: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o8oWd3DBIL7xHhTEPzDgtoUfxmThm4nx

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Your entry has been registered, and one raffle tickets have been added to the pool.

• Hounds of the King Plate

Hoata
    Keymaster
    @hoata

Catching each other up on the best places to visit before their next travels.

Name of Event: Let the Games Begin
    Link to Character Import: Hasar and Baya
    Link to artwork included: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g6gcuV4THJ2TPoQyLowYWFXBXPf4jlqC

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

ArcaneZoo Admin
    Keymaster
    @arcanezoo

1st Prize: 

Right Twin: @neogeen

Left Twin: @taelen

Please send a Note to the Admin account with your character’s details and we’ll get them setup in game.

2nd Prize: One Silver Azoth.

@hoata and @sredni

One Silver Azoth token has been added to each of your banks, you can use this create a character at any time using the normal approval steps.

3rd Prize: Choice of breeding slot to one of the Kirunhound Starters, and 1,000 Kouneen.

@neogeen and @Asterleaf x2

Kouneen has been added to your bank, please reply to this thread with your choice of breeding slots, and permissions will be written.

Sredni
      Participant
      @sredni

Does the mutation thing on the silver azoth mean I can specifically make the character have whiskers (shown?) or is it just a random guaranteed carried mutation? What coat colors are available with each azoth?

And since @twewme didn’t win anything, if she wants one can I give her a pup from my first successful litter, once breeding is unlocked?

(Though I do want to make a Hayyan’s Blessing before I do any breeding.)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Sredni.

ArcaneZoo Admin
        Keymaster
        @arcanezoo

Silver Azoths are allow for one shown mutation of your choosing, and any coat colors are allowed.

NeoGeen
      Participant
      @neogeen

I would like to trade this Breeding Slot to @hoata

ArcaneZoo Admin
        Keymaster
        @arcanezoo

Slot ownership traded to @hoata, who may now pick the Starter.

ArcaneZoo Admin
          Keymaster
          @arcanezoo

Slot used.

Asterleaf
    Participant
    @asterleaf

@arcanezoo Before I submit my breeding request, I’ve got a couple of questions:

•There’s a “x2” by my name. Does that mean I get two breeding slots?

•Do breeding slots expire? As in, would I be able to call upon my breeding slot later in the game when I have more characters?

ArcaneZoo Admin
      Keymaster
      @arcanezoo

Correct, two of your raffle tickets were rolled for the Breeding Slot prizes. You can pick two slots total, either two permissions to one Starter character, or a single slot to two different Starters.

Breeding slots never expire, staff keep them on record until they get used in game. You can come back to these any time you want. (Staff is setting up a way for players to use Starter Slot prizes before Breeding officially opens, if you end up wanting to use these early, we’ll have a forum thread open this week!)

Asterleaf
        Participant
        @asterleaf

Thank you!

NeoGeen
    Participant
    @neogeen

Seeing all the art and new potential markings gets me hyped. I look forward to art jamming with the group! Grats to all, here’s to much more in the future. 😀

I am going to hold my breeding slot for a little bit (need to think on it!) and will reply here as soon as I am committed.

Nate
    Participant
    @taelen

Ohhh nice 😀

ArcaneZoo Admin
    Keymaster
    @arcanezoo

Voting for the Design a Marking Event is now live: https://www.arcanezoo.com/active-polls

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.